My Biggest Fear

It used to be
The biggest fear
In my life
Was
Being eaten alive
By a Boa Constricter
(Feet first).

I know, I know
Purely irrational
-Very Silversteinian-
But I worried
And I hoped I'd never
Meet that fate.

I had another
Fear and it involved
Being chased
By a
Macheté-yeilding
Maniac
Who's impervious
To death.

How many times
Is that going to
Happen? Not
Very likely.
You think I'm
Being juvenile.

Maybe or
Maybe I never
Understood
What it meant
To lose the most
Miraculous
And Divine
Emotion
I've ever shared
With another human,
Due to my child-
Like ignorance.

I look for
Fast cars
When I cross
Roads
I now worry about
Accidentally dying
In any number
Of ordinary ways.

I no longer think
About Boa Constrictors
Or look for
Slasher Movie Monsters
'Cause

Seriously,

The biggest fear
In my life
Used to be
Dying alone
But now it's
Being alone
Without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local Man Buys $900 Yard Sculpture

Love Come Round, A Short and Puzzling Story

Make America Rock Again by The Trumpettes